Wednesday, January 3, 2007

'The Day After Tomorrow' Doesn't Seem So Far Fetched Anymore..

A CNN article brought to my attention that a little over a year ago, an ancient ice shelf broke off on the coast of Canada. The collapse of the ancient shelf was out of the eye of any living human being, and was only known because it was picked up by earthquake monitors almost 600 miles away.

Anyone who has looked outside lately, especially here in Maryland, have definitely uttered the words or thought to themselves "wow, it does not feel like winter." When I looked at the weather forecast for this week, I was blown away that the highs were continuously in the 50's or even 60's. It is January!! It should be snowing, not 60 degrees out.

Scientists and forecasters are now saying that El Nino is acting up this year and
2007 will more than likely be the hottest year in recorded history. For more information on what we should expect from El Nino in the upcoming year visit the CNN website.

So am I really going to wake up and look out side in my lifetime and see scenes from the movie “The Day After Tomorrow” occurring? I really hope not but the rate we are polluting the Earth and overpopulating it, it would not surprise me. Maybe if everyone took some time to think about the consequences of their actions before doing them we would be better off.

No comments: